Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i just picked up a 68 torino gt fastback and am just looking for stuff to play around with.
i always loved the look of the hideaway lights and was wondering if this was ever an option or even a possibility to do with the 68, and if so can anyone tell me where i can find one and any info on them,
very new to this classic car scene seeing i am only 22 years old hahah
thanks guys

·
Registered
718 Posts
theres a guy on the forum here that did it to his 69. 68-69 are the same car. these are his fotos he posted here a while back. i do not know his name or how he did these.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can take them out and have someone put them where you cannot find them is an option. :)
im thinking that is going to be my best bet, there is quite a bit of playing room behing the headlights to build a bracket and atleast set them back far enough to make something like buddy above, thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
theres a guy on the forum here that did it to his 69. 68-69 are the same car. these are his fotos he posted here a while back. i do not know his name or how he did these.
yeah I remember this as well.....
its a Swedish guy and I also cant remember his user name...
he only pop's in here every year or two....

I know that dodge charger had a very similar grill/hideaway setup....
maybe you can modify a charger or/maybe a mercury cougar setup......But, it's gonna $$$ cost some buck's $$$

·
Registered
23 Posts
I cant say for sure but I think the 68 fastback Galaxies with the hideaway headlights may work. Ive seen a few online and have thought that the mechanism would work behind the Torino's grill or would be a drop in replacement with minor fitting.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had thought of doing this with the hideaways from a 1968 thunderbird looks like almost a perfect fit ,little mods.The guy from sweden pics are in post your pics section i seen them there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts