Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got LUCKY today! Took home a 68 torino GT with 302 2V and FMX. I can finally finish my other 68 GT by using this as a parts car. Everything I need (I hope) is in this car. It even has PS which my project car doesn't have. Looks like the A/C is also factory setup. The FORD gods answered my prayers! For $400.00

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Sounds good. I found a parts car beginning of the month, it's all stripped waiting to get hauled now. It was real ugly though, neighbours bitched all the time. Here's a pictureof my parts car. What is your like.

68 Fairlane/70 Cougar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark7068 on 12/28/01 11:26pm ]</font>

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry have no picture yet of the parts car. All the glasses are perfect and originals. Front bumper is perfect, rear has rust and dings. Floor pans are rusted. Trunk lid has rust on the edges. Tail lights are real bad w/ the exception of one bezel. No park light lenses. Seats are torn and door sidings are warped. Dash pad with gauges are in good condition, as well as the console. All chrome trimmings are in good condition also. Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Ron, I am going to use the console. Besides, just in case I decide to sell it shipping will be real high. Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rick, I'm still trying to get hold of a digital camera. All my money (which is not much) goes to car parts
I promise to send you a pic as soon as I have one. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I didnt meen to be pushy, when ever is convienent for you. How's the car coming. The description of my Fairlane (in YOUR CARS)sounds really good doesn't it, NOT.
I have another set of doors (with racing mirrors) mint, set of fenders (mint), hood (mint), all NEW 1/4's to weld on, new coil springs to go in, blah, blah, blah.....
Just finding the time to put it all together cuz I drive it every day, rain, shine or snow. This winter was real mild so just need to get of my azz I guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark7068 on 1/10/02 1:09pm ]</font>

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No work being done on the project car right now. I just looked for and collected all the necessary parts for it. I think(and hope) I've all the essential parts already. This will not be a concourse type of restoration. I'll just make the car presentable with all the original parts I can get. I am knee-deep in building two 67 Mustangs now. But I promised myself that work on the Torino will start February.

Looks like you're going to have a nice car when it's finished. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts