Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just joined.

Seems I came to own a 68 Torino GT fastback today. It is no barn find as the engine and transmission are gone. But the price was virtually free. It was a 302 automatic so this is by no means a rare car, plus it has already been converted to a manual.

I was looking to put hideaway headlights in the front. I searched an found an old posting here, but I was wondering if anyone has tried this lately and has a method. I was thinking maybe some other year model could be used with modification, but hopefully someone has already done this.

I was then looking at a sequential rear taillight conversion. That seems much more straight forward since tail panels that fit cougar/thunderbird/shelby housings are available. a little welding and modding should do it, I think. Has anyone here tried this? I would love to see it.

I have a vision of a car I wish Ford had built. something like a fastback cougar. I have a freshly built 351 in my shop so it will likely go into the Torino.

Thanks for any responses.

·
Subscriber
659 Posts
pillage the grill parts from something like a '70 LTD? those vacuum actuators are super-expensive, though, i'd try to find a different actuation method.

·
Registered
42 Posts
First, congratulations!
Second, let me be fully transparent and express my prejudice:
IMHO, The 1968/69 Torino GT Fastback is the coolest car Ford EVER made!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts