Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I met a guy at the local gas station who liked my 66 Fairlane and told me he has some ported & polished "69" 351 4 bbl heads with no valves or springs and said he'd take $150 for them......is this a good deal? I checked the specs for this year head and the chamber size should be 60 cc's which is bigger then my current 289 2 bbl heads but that's no big deal.
If I get these heads then will all my brackets for alternator,ps and AC bolt right up to them with no problem?
Is there a good engine set up for these heads or should I just think of this as a better breathing 289 that might handle a good bore and stroke kit......I was thinking a 317 stroker kit from Ford if they still make it.
Any thoughts or tips about an old style Ford Muscle build up would be nice. These heads are better then what I got right now and for $150 I don't think I can go to wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I changed my mind, I don't think they're worth the trouble to finish getting ready for the street. After you buy all the needed parts and loss of compression it's not worth it. I'd rather buy some after market heads that are complete and sure to be good. :)

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
I agree. While the PnP has saved you some time, new valve gear and finish machining, and probably new seats and guides will add-up really fast. Sound logic.
:tup:
David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts