Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a question about this motor. My car has the 2v carb, are the heads/compression on the 2v different from the 4v? Has 3 sp. manual trans.

·
Banned
2,833 Posts
69/70 2V/4V heads are the same. The piston is the only difference.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Just like the other posts said, the heads are the same on the 351W for the 2V and the 4V for 1969. In fact other than the intake and carb, the only difference between the 2V and the 4V is the pistons. Ford used cast aluminum flat tops in the 4V giving about 10.7:1 comp ratio, and the 2V used a dished piston and still got a respectable 9.5:1 comp ratio. When I had my 69 Cougar (man I really miss the ol' girl
) I put an Edlebrock 4V intake and carb on it (625CFM) and a factory style dual exhaust on her and it really responded, she wasn't a strip screamer but any means, but she was definately a fun ride! Later on I added a Comp Cams 268 camshaft and roller rocker arms (the rocker arms were a freebie! ) and could feel it even more. This car was my daily driver and still managed around 17 MPG...until the day the driver behind me challanged the laws of physics and tried to see if two objects could occupy the same space at the same time...shortened up the trunk on my Cougar a good foot or so when it was all done and over with
Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Humphrey351 on 12/4/06 9:47am ]</font>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for your reply. I had heard bits of info from different places but now it all makes sense. My other cougar is going to be upgraded to a 460/557 to match to the D+D Viper-spec T-56 Tremec I just received. It will be a Auto-to-stick conversion with a hyd. dual disk clutch, Any info on this combo would be very helpful.THANK YOU, Doug.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts