Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now onto the front suspension. Aje tubular k member, flaming river quick ratio r&p, street or track uca, viking double adjustables, mm bump steer kit, sn95 spindles brakes and rotors. Built my own upper shock mount so i could adjust the comp/rebound with out having to crawl under the fender.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
351c, speedmaster heads, compcams 292h cam kit, speedmaster itbs, computronix cop distributor, fed-m rebuild kit with flat tops. There's honestly alot there that i can't remember because It's been about 2 years since I've built it. It's going to be running off of a fast xfi sportsman ecu though.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cleveland is going to be mated to a t56. I picked it up for 300 bucks on CL thinking it was a t5. When i told the guy it was a t56 he said its my lucky day. Score! McLeod clutch and ford racing flywheel as well.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Looks like your getting there.. :tup::tup:

chipping away , piece by piece...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did some test fitting with the dash, tunnel hump and pedal assembly. The engine is as high up as it can go so the cobra can be dropped with out having to worry about the oil pan scraping or denting. The center portion of the firewall is going to be butted up against the dash. Real tight fit but it'll work. Now finding a heater/ac box that will fit in the passenger compartment is going to be tricky

Attachments

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Wow! Nice looking project. Why move the engine so far back? Won't that position bugger up the intake airflow to the rear cylinders? That IRS looks like a nice install.:tup::tup::tup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
70XL. I wanted a better weight distribution. This mod Plus the battery in the back should help out alot. As far as flow, i have a custom plenum i am building for these turbos. Ebay specials with custom "head hugger" headers i built myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haven't posted in a while. In the process of building a lower plenum for good idle. Each runner will be linked via 3/8 inch aluminum tube.
The plenum will house the map sensor, idle air control valve and later on a provision for brakes. Im running manual brakes as of right now. Im currently working on the lower tract of the plenum, it will drop down about 1 inch into the valley. Not sure how much cubic inches will be in this but I hope it's enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some progress updates. Finished the lower plenum. Turned out better than I expected. Iac valve mounted along with the map sensor. Their should be a sufficient amount of volume in there to prevent each sensor from messing with each other.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Installed the left rear quarter only to hack it up again for some custom fender flares. It measures 7 inches tall at the tallest point and 3 inches wide. I had some 3 inch tall flares that were made for a mustang but they just werent large enough so I made a template from them that were 4 inches bigger. Im very happy with the results.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts