Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas gauge wasn't working, put a pulse tester on it, fuel gauge works fine, bad sending unit. Went to buy a sending unit.

Autozone - This vehicle has no sending unit.
Advanced - One option, a Marine sending unit. Not it.
Havent checked with Napa yet.

Ebay has a bunch of originals but everyone is asking $300. Not interested, brand new for Mustangs are only $69 (Without low fuel light) or $89 with. Sending unit I am going new anyway.

Which car or part should I be looking for. Galaxie? '69 Custom 500. 302. Incorrect name of part? No idea.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gas gauge wasn't working, put a pulse tester on it, fuel gauge works fine, bad sending unit. Went to buy a sending unit.

Autozone - This vehicle has no sending unit.
Advanced - One option, a Marine sending unit. Not it.
Havent checked with Napa yet.

Ebay has a bunch of originals but everyone is asking $300. Not interested, brand new for Mustangs are only $69 (Without low fuel light) or $89 with. Sending unit I am going new anyway.

Which car or part should I be looking for. Galaxie? '69 Custom 500. 302. Incorrect name of part? No idea.

Thanks
I can't speak to the '69 specifically. I have a '66 and the fuel sender wasn't working. When I took it out of the fuel tank I discovered that a brass (or copper) rivet holding a metal strip in place had quit doing its job. The metal strip is a conductor, though it's been so long ago I don't remember exactly what it was attached to. I replaced the rivet with a tiny nut and bolt (the kind you might find in eyeglasses), and that fixed the fuel sender.
May be worth a look see.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can't speak to the '69 specifically. I have a '66 and the fuel sender wasn't working. When I took it out of the fuel tank I discovered that a brass (or copper) rivet holding a metal strip in place had quit doing its job. The metal strip is a conductor, though it's been so long ago I don't remember exactly what it was attached to. I replaced the rivet with a tiny nut and bolt (the kind you might find in eyeglasses), and that fixed the fuel sender.
May be worth a look see.
This. My 68 had a corroded rivet also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts