Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Kooter - thanks for your reply on the pedal, I feel better about mine now!

Almost looks too nice to cover up!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
got the seats in and all lined up today,new floorpans means drilling new holes for the seats,hopeing to get it running again after 3 yrs sitting. within the next week or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
been a while since last post but heres some more progress,all panels are painted underneath and look great.motor is running and car drives.finally.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
then after countless hours of realigning fenders and doors ,I decided to strip the roof of the car last. wow! must of been 6-8 coats of paint on there as with primer coats in between.must of taken all day.at least the roof had no rust ,only a couple small dents.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
before the fenders were back on I ran all cnc stainless steel brake lines and fuel lines with a new master cylinder and rebuilt brake booster,looks great.also went thru the engine with a upgrade to a edelbrock f427 aluminum intake.wow what a weight difference between the cast one.also engine back in and detailed,just waiting for my aluminum cj covers to be polished,and a plug wire change and the engine should be done.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
its come down to body work and finishing now.we started filling and block sanding and priming with high solids over and over.getting these huge panels straight is tedious and time consuming.pics look like a lot of filler but most comes off during the blocking process.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
even something as easy as the factory hood scoop should be a simple fix right? wrong! pieces broken on edge and cracks in the fiberglass upon further inspection.lots more work ahead again.after many hours work it turned out exc.proabably straighter then originaly.actualy found the orig scoop studs on ebay,they fit great.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
finally finished the blocking process,as good as I could do it,and one final heavy coat of high solids primer,and its off to the body shop for finalizing and paint.thats if I can find a good shop in my area for paint. also tried on the new magnum 500s and bfg radial ta,s for size and they look great. I decided to reuse the pot metal rear deck lid spoiler I got on the car when I bought it,even if its not correct for the car.i think it looks factory and all the body lines line up with it. I have no idea what it actually is off of,

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
finally got my valve covers done,what a difference after polishing.took me quite a while to figure out how to put the drivers side cover on. the height of the cover dosent clear the power brake booster.loosened the 4 bolts on the booster and a little prying on it and it finally went on.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
while the car is out being painted I thought I would try my hand at restoring my floor console.istarted with 3 broken consoles in pieces and made one nice one in the end.it was tedious and time consuming but it turned out great.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
well its been a long time coming but its finally here.the cyclone is finaly painted original candy apple red,and looks spectacular.super straight,and amazingly smooth finish.got a long winter ahead of re assembly,and adding stripes and all the new parts I have been collecting.still got a lot of work ahead of me but wow what a transformation from when I originally got it.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
The Cyclone is looking good!

Could you explain more how you repaired the console? Did you use some kind of epoxy? How did it take to paint afterwards?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I made a tin template in behind the breaks then bonded the tin to the plastic,while plastic gluing the cracks.let it set up then used a thin coat of filler over the crack,sanded lightly then primed with high solid primer.then painted with sem brand vinyl and plastic tuxedo black dye. repairs are hard to see,and almost impossible once in the car.time consuming but cheaper then buying another one..

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
got all the back end of the car assembled. looks great,seems like everytime I touch something I need something else to assemble it.hopefully the rest of the car turns out as nice as this.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
slowly still putting the car back together,got all the windows in,and moldings back on.stripes on hood are on,although they turned out to be a diffrent shade of black from the scoop.but it looks all ok for now.fender decals and quarter decal are on also.started putting all the underlay on floors and back seats dividers.getting ready for carpet and seats this weekend.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 47 Posts