Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...
Just purchased an R-code 69 fairlane cobra.
Very cool car.
Just wondering if they came with a hurst shifter? Or did someone swap it out.
Thanks!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Nope, it came with a Ford shifter. Walnut shift ball,white face with blue stripe shift pattern. No reverse lockout. Shifter is unique to 69 models.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey, did you buy that off of Ebay? I thought I saw that on Ebay awhile back. Nice car. By the way, you see those original shifters on Ebay every once in awhile if you're looking to return it to original condition.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I did.
I usually am not that much of a gambler, but the 428CJ has always been a car I wanted. So it looks like the stang might have to be sold to make room... once the car gets here I'll make that call.
The fact that its an R code with all numbers matching makes it a good buy... IMO, these cars are the hemi/440 six pack roadrunners of 10 years ago. The value of the R-code cars are really starting to move... coming in line with the LS6 chevelles and roadrunners, etc...
Plus, its not everyday you get a real unmolested CJ.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
The Hurst shifter with the removable lever was new to the 1970's and later vehicles.

Prior to that it was a rigid lever, and installed at extra cost via the dealer. Thus may not show up as an option on your bill of sale.

Wm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts