Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have inhareted a 69 ford fairlane 500 fastback 2 door hardtop form my great grandmother. she perchased this car brand new,making me the 2nd owner. I am interested in selling this car but have no idea what its worth.
the car is all original down to hubcapps and am radio. there is some issues as the car sat for several years after grandmas death. the tranny needs seals, the winshild is cracked the heater core is shot and it may or may not need a new drivers side door.
to its credit, like i said all original. no real dents, just a few dings, i did have it repainted the original red and interior is black. we put in a new moter (top only so #s on block match) it has a 302, factory air,power steering,breaks. the interior is almost perfect. there is one place in the front seat where the stitching is seperating on a seam. head liner and dash are perfect.
this car needs much more than i am able to give it so id like to see it go to someone who will love and appreciate it like my grandma did, but like i said i have no idea what to even ask for it, and i feel the 1500.00 i was offered is not a valid offer. is there anyone with any ideas where to look for a starting price( cant afford to have it appraised by a dealer at this time)i would appreciate any help i can get with this
thanks all
melanie

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
where is the car..like what state and city? and lets see some pics.

if its in cali i will buy it. i love these cars and have 2 66's! sell it to me!

craigslist is good for getting the sale out there to the masses and its free.

it all depends but i would say your car is worth more than that if it runs.
2 dr fastback is what folks usually want. but then it sounds like there are some issues that would cost the buyer even more.

does it start? and if it hasnt been started for many years there are a few things you may want to do prior to just turning the key.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trukstopcowboy on 12/24/06 12:36am ]</font>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
car is in cali and yes it starts and runs well other than the issues i mentioned. if i can figure out how to add some pix i will
the car is started weekly it hasnt been sitting for years, it was my main transportation till i got a new car that was better on gas and didnt take as much attention as the ford

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: melanie69 on 12/24/06 12:54am ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts