Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've recently bought a project Galaxie, she's a 69 formal roof 2 door with a 390 that had been sitting for about 7 years. I've replaced the negative battery cable and also purchased a new starter solenoid. I'm not getting any power to crank it over, I have interior lights and and when I turn the key the lights inside dim. I also have exterior lights, but no headlights. So where is the next step that I need to look for why I'm not getting any power to the starter? Any light you can shed would be greatly appreciated.

Brad

·
Registered
626 Posts
get your multimeter out and follow the positive cable to the solenoid and then to the starter. You will need someone to help you start while you test the flow of electrons to the starter. Sounds like (if you cables are good and not corroded, broken or disconnected) then you have a bad solenoid or starter.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Are you trying to use the battery that was in it while it sat? If so you could try charging it, but it's probably beyond help and will need to be replaced.

agree. Especially if you can turn on the headlights while jumper cables are attached

1 - 4 of 4 Posts