Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about selling my 69 mercury cyclone. It has a 428 cobra jet, ram air, 4 speed trans. It's in excellent shape! Wondering what it's worth? Someone said between 40 to 80 thousand.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
They're full of dog schart.

The ONLY way your 69 Cyclone would be worth a penny over about $28-$30K is by being 100% unmolested original (no body work from small dings etc...) and low mileage. And I am fairly certain yours is not....

I say this with GREAT authority in understanding classic cars and what 'other' folks may have done before you got it, or even things you yourself may have forgotten was done to it....

That's just the way the ball bounces bro. If you really want to know the value of your car, take it to an auto appraiser, and have it 100% thoroughly inspected.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
First, I love that car. Good luck with the sale.

I had a 68 GT, but the 69 CJ428 made mine look like..... well, I'll be polite.

But, to get anywhere near that price you'd have to find 1) a complete Mercury Cyclone fanatic, and 2) a complete Mercury Cyclone fanatic with money to burn.....

Tough to find that type of person.

It's been a few years, but I once attended a street show in Manchester, NH.

There was a pristine 1970 CJ429 orange, 4 sp for sale for $13,000.

If I didn't already have my 64 Galaxie and, at the time, a 58 Squarebird, I would have bought that car on the spot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts