Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Man, knew I shoulda posted before this weekend!

I too, am in need to a tunnel hump for a my '69.

Any more out there?

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Ok. What years do the tunnel humps interchange? I'm not a Torino guy(although I like them) so what years and models fit what? I think mine is for a 71 or 72. I'll post up a pic in a few minutes.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I *think* that the tunnel humps from 68-71 (and 66-67?) are the same, or at least interchangeable. I also think that's an auto hump, not the four speed one. All the four gear ones I've seen have a extended piece along the drivers knee area that would cover the shifter linkage.

I can still use this, so, my offer still stands. If the OP can't use this, I would be interested in it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
the 68-69 torino came with 2 different floor humps. a solid hump for a column shift and one with a hole in it for an auto floor shifter or manual shift.

·
Registered
203 Posts
the 68-69 torino came with 2 different floor humps. a solid hump for a column shift and one with a hole in it for an auto floor shifter or manual shift.
There were two different humps, one for floor-shift automatics, one for floor-shift manual. They are different and do not interchange. If you had a column-shift vehicle, no hole was cut in the floor.

I will try to post pictures of the 4-speed hump in my '69 Cobra when my kids go for their naps this afternoon.

Paul

1969 R-Code, 4-Speed, Drag-Pack Cobra Fastback Project
1967 Mercury Commuter Wagon w/mild 429

My Car Restoration Projects

·
Registered
718 Posts
a friend that helps run the fairlane club here in cali said Autocrafters sells a fiberglass 4 speed hump. this is a 68-69 auto with floor shift hump.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts