Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Galaxie XL - 390 FE
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well....after much diliberation and after cutting the front springs, I decided to go with the full PMT Fabrication setup for the front end.

This means my full front/rear suspension is PMT:
  • Tubular control arms upper/lower
  • Front Coilovers (dual adjustable)
  • Strut Rods
  • Front/rear sway bars
  • Rear lower controls arms
  • Adjustable panhard bar
  • Rear springs
  • Rear shocks
Tool Bicycle part Red Automotive design Font

Bicycle part Automotive lighting Red Font Auto part

·
Registered
1969 Galaxie XL - 390 FE
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Just ordered the new shoes for the Galaxie. Ridler 650 chrome wheels. I know that many are not a fan of newer style wheels on these older cars, but this fit the bill for the look I am going for.

Rear: 20x10 275/40/20 (5.5" backspace)
Front: 18x8 245/45/18 (4.5" backspace)

Silver Automotive tire Rim Rectangle Jewellery

·
Registered
1970 Ford Custom 500 4 door Sedan
2 Posts
The old school way I used to lower my old cars was to heat the springs and let the cars weight collapse the springs. Just need to make sure you do it in small increments. A rosebud on a torch always worked the best. It's also a good idea to have a fire extinguisher nearby.
This is how we all did it and we never had a problem. Quick and easy and a lot less fancy :) I think these old Fords appreciate it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just ordered the new shoes for the Galaxie. Ridler 650 chrome wheels. I know that many are not a fan of newer style wheels on these older cars, but this fit the bill for the look I am going for.

Rear: 20x10 275/40/20 (5.5" backspace)
Front: 18x8 245/45/18 (4.5" backspace)

View attachment 172995
I love those wheels. While I like the vintage look and wheels also, I will be upgrading to big brakes and they just wont fit under a 14 or 15" wheel. Those wheels will look awesome! post pics when you get them on please

·
Registered
1969 Galaxie XL - 390 FE
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I am back on the hunt for a set of these upper control arm nuts/plates. Touring919 was very nice and shipped me a pair, but the USPS has lost them in transit. As I mentioned to Tourin919, they can get me a $2 rubber spatula from Amazon, but these hard to find parts get lost......ughhhhh.

If anyone has a pair they are willing to part with, I am happy to pay a reasonable price for them.

Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle Bicycle handlebar Bicycle frame Bicycle part

·
Registered
1969 Galaxie XL - 390 FE
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I am back on the hunt for a set of these upper control arm nuts/plates. Touring919 was very nice and shipped me a pair, but the USPS has lost them in transit. As I mentioned to Tourin919, they can get me a $2 rubber spatula from Amazon, but these hard to find parts get lost......ughhhhh.

If anyone has a pair they are willing to part with, I am happy to pay a reasonable price for them.

Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle Bicycle handlebar Bicycle frame Bicycle part
Good news!!! After initiating a USPS lost mail search it looks like they found it, and it is going to be delivered today. WOO HOO!!!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts