Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1961 Squire with a Coyote enigne and a 6r80e tranny. At the time I bought the engine and tranny out of a 2014 Mustang, there was no Ford performance harness or CPU, so a company called Buaman offered a harness and CPU. Anyone have any experience with this CPU? I have tried to load a multitude of shift patterns but nothing works. It either shifts like it had a 3500 stall converter and jars your neck or jus slips till it shifts and jars your neck. Anyone know of a good tranny company that can program it?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oka, so talked to this company today Power by the Hour. They have a harness but must flash my CPU (engine) to set it up to work. FORD Performance does not have one for the 2014 6r80. So I think I have a fix. We'll see

· Registered
10,534 Posts
Yeah, haven't heard of Quick6 (or other Baumann) failures in the rumor mill. If you can get your $ back, then rock on, and let us know how the OEM ECM route goes. The 6R80 has limited support, as it is 7 solenoids on an unforgiving clutch-clutch shift, so timing, pressures, and many other parameters must be juggled for good results. With "traditional" sprung and accumulated on/off or PWM shifting, it's almost a non-issue. Ah, technology! :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts