Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the rest of the country that is sweltering in 100 plus degree temperatures, this is the 6th day in a row that we have had alot of rain in El Paso. We normally have between 6-8" in an entire year, and we are now living in a swamp. The bad thing is that we are so used to no rain here, that even a mild downpour will wreak havoc on everything. There will be dozens of accidents after a mild downpour because alot of people do not know how to drive in the rain. Oh well.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Rain Rain Go Away....I would gladly send you the heat we have had here in Detroit. I don't know how you all handle it as the normal weather.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Maybe you're getting what we had last year. Our avg rainfall here is about the same but ended up with 20 something inches when it was over and done with.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
NO no, it is not the same. We have the gift of humidity in our part of the county chooch. 100 without that humidity is a completely different world.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is getting really bad here, peoples homes are getting flooded, I-10 is under water in some places and the mighty Rio Grande has overflowed its banks in areas. There are reports of several people drowning in Ciudad Juarez,Mexico right across the border from us when an arroyo burst and swept them away, but I have not been able to verify any deaths. You can check out some of the footage at www.KVIA.com. It looks like it is going to keep raining all day until at least 12 midnite. The problem with El Paso and other desert communities is since it does not rain very much, there is really no drainage or storm sewers. The streets are the drainage system especially in the older parts of town. Lets hope for the best.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I work for a water/wastewater engineering firm... maybe I could drop some hints.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ya we had 100 (110-112 with heat index) here in MN for the past 4 days, and now we got rained on this morning, and tonight, there was a bunch of tornados in our county and a guys house I know got hit pretty hard, wiped out a barn, half a shed, and half the house, and it's still raining, tornados came through eary evening. We have gotton a ton of rain in one day. There was one other house that got hit about 10-15 miles away to that I know of right now.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
What weird weather patterns. Hot and dry here....desert like, but it's like a rain forest in El Paso. Go figure. I've been here about 15 years give or take and this is the first time I've ever seen the ground crack. We normally get about 5" of rain in July and 2.5 in August. We got less than 1/4" last month and nothing so far this month....and forecast isn't changing. Hot & dry for as long as forecasters can see. Average temp in July was 98 degrees. Average NORMAL temp for July is 90. 28 days straight above 100 degrees and 4 days at or above 110. I'm really tired of coming home from work and being so tired that I can't do a thing!

I guess you could get on your knees & pray that the rains move on....just pray that it moves somewhere else that really needs it!

·
Registered
646 Posts
On 2006-08-01 11:37, v8shadow wrote:
NO no, it is not the same. We have the gift of humidity in our part of the county chooch. 100 without that humidity is a completely different world.
I've been told that before but I have only been to Vegas to experience it once. To me hot is hot whether it's "blow dryer" hot or steam hot I don't have the constitution for it.
I saw some news footage of Cupcakes area last nite and it is really amazing. I send my prayers out to all those people who are helpless against the power of nature.
Hang in there, things will get back to your sense of normal soon!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
BLstangin where in MN are you from. I come from the small town of New Prague, lonsdale, northfield area. We really needed that rain.
Too dusty

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
It's 10:30 PM....just woke up from my 4 hour nap after work, time to go out to the shop & try to get some work done. Temp is 96 Humidity is 88%. I should smell real nice by the time I get the head & cylinder off this 4 wheeler.

Could be worse though!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Sharpshot, I'm from ST. James, it's about a 40 mile trip southwest of Mankato, I've been to lonesdale a few times. I know a guy up there that I've bought a few motors from. Your probably about a 2.5 hour drive away.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Who around lonsdale did you buy motors from. There are quite a few very common names around here, and i could very easily know somebody that is related to this person. How far from lonsdale was this guy?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Lives right in town, his name is Tedd something, can't remember last name right off hand.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I cant think of any tedd off hand but if you think of his last name there is a pretty good chance i could know him, lonsdale is a pretty small town.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts