Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a 4door, but looks pretty good shape. Im thinking you could make a good sleeper out this.. After seeing some of those 429 70.5's here I am thinking whooow. Think his $10K asking might be a bit much but I have no idea what the market value for this is.. Being advertised as a 2 owner. I do like the front end/grill and it being a wagon. But not a fan of the body..
Ford : Falcon four door station wagon in Ford | eBay Motors

·
Registered
289 Posts
10K? no waaaaaaaaaay. Too much, even for a Falcon fan like me. I'd rather buy a stripped down '70 Torino coupe and slap on a Falcon badge. ;)

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
My club member Steve bought this 302 auto, has repainted it, wheels, and went crazy with the stripes, but it's what he likes, but he only gave 5K for it, and it was NICE!....10K, in that shape....good luck...I was asking 9K for mine...not a call....

Roy Swords

unknown owner

My 70-12/

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
When I started my Falcon Quest I was looking at a black 63 that had been hot rodded out with all the goodies. And I was just getting my feet wet at the idea of buying one and had no idea what market value was and the auction eded (and sold). Kinda regret it, because it didnt go for that much more what I paid for my wagon. But it had all the performance stuff done already. When I finnally was ok I am gonna get one. I saw a wagon and said WOW.. The body lines the wrap around glass. I was trying to find a Sedan Delivery but all were in sad shape and prices were high. I got what I have now, and I think the color is what grabbed me the most. The owner didnt mis-represent the car as all the flaws were there. But I think I probably paid too much for it. And I have since invested another $5K into suspension and brakes. And a few other things like the LED tailights, I am in Korea now and plan to swap the engine when I get back in November. I am on the fence about swapping the C4 for a T5. I did swap the bench for some 63 buckets that I stripped down to bare metal then powdercoated and had the seats redone to the two tone. I know nothing is stock anymore on it. But the car is far from being a perfect car when I got it. Its much safer to drive now and is quite fun.. Yes its a 4 door wagon, and I actually like the 2nd set of doors, makes it useful. Would I go back and change anything. Maybe see if I could have gotten it for less money. I paid $10K for it about 3.5 years ago. I have enjoyed it alot. So Im fond of wagons.. Even Nova's, Chevelle, and Galaxie wagons I am fond of.. She will never be a trailer queen and I drove her to work most everyday unless the weather was bad. Even drove it 1300 miles in 1.5 days from North Carolina to Oklahoma.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
okura, your little wagon is awesome. Especially the fact that you drive it. Never could understand why people haul a car to a show just to win a trophy. If it's so great then drive it or museum it. Even Jay Leno drives his cars.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks..My wife has put it so perfectly though when she tells me this, its snowing or like raining cats and dogs.. Its a car, not a toy. I will say but hon I dont want it to get wet. She will say then its a toy.

I really enjoy it, forget the hundres of people who ask me a wide range of questions. What is that? Is it a 65? What model is it? Or wow thats a nice Nova wagon.

I do understand why some stop driving them, I have a friend with a 67 Shelby GT500 he had for a very long time, Paid $40K for it, its an original unrestored car. When the movie gone-in-60-secs came out the car jumped in price to what he told me $200K. So he stopped driving it 5 years ago. I told him, if you are not going to drive it because it is now an investment. Sale it why you cant turn a profit then bank the $160K and spend your original investment $40K in a 67Mustang and enjoy it. Im upside down on my car now. It will never be a $15K car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts