Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted some videos in the video section got into the dyno stuff, so starting a new thread here.

I put 273hp/285tq on a Mustang dyno,no tuning was very rich before the turbo. I put down 430hp/488tq on a Dynojet with the turbo.

70 Cougar
89 302, stock bottom end 100,000+ miles
Master power t-70 with .68 exhaust housing, running 9 psi
Holley 600 dp E.V. hat
Edelbrock Performer rpm intake with 1" 4 hole spacer
Steeda no.18 cam .510,.510 220/226 duration 112 lobe sep. With 1.7 rocker arms.
CNC Powerheads E7te 1.90/1.60 valves
Timing locked at 16 deg on 91 octane
Tremec 3550 5 spd
3.25 rear gears

Here are some videos.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
super cool for the parts you describe. 3.25 gears, lots of torque means a great driver. What's the drivability like?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Installed a single plane intake on it, trying to shift the powerband up a little. Still need to re tune and then dyno. It would spin the tires anytime in 2nd gear. 3rd gear hooks and pulls really hard. If I drive it normal, it is like the turbo is not there. It has a slight stutter when rolling on it at part throttle. The boost comes on too fast for the carb to react to the signal, so I have some more tuning to do. I have about $2,000 into the turbo kit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
. Sounds like you're getting some serious power out of that combo... do you drive it on the street? How's that cam size in a 5.0L in easy city driving?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Ya, it is a street car. The cam has a slightly rough idle, but smooths right out just off idle and drives nice down to 1,500 rpms. I used Hedman shorties facing forward, then cut and welded mandrel bends for everything else. Turbos produce amazing torque with very good drivability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts