Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing like seeing a big block FORD eat Porsche for breakfast! Can you imagine looking in your rear view mirror and seeing this thing chewing on your bumper? I like the Laguna Seca clip.
Merc9 Speed » Video

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure wish I had known about you while I was living San Ramon. Would have loved to see you run. I have two 70 Cyclones, a 351 4v GT and Spoiler 429CJ.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Matt, awesome car, neat to see that being wheeled around. Just a comment as an HPDE instructor though ... watching your hand shuffling was making me crazy!! LOL

cheers
Ed

·
Registered
203 Posts
Matt, awesome car, neat to see that being wheeled around. Just a comment as an HPDE instructor though ... watching your hand shuffling was making me crazy!! LOL

cheers
Ed
Thanks Ed, The shuffle is part due to slow steering and part bad habit from even slower steering in the past. We improved it after the first couple outings last year and a bit more for the most recent run. You might see the difference in the video of the Willow Springs lap. Hopefully you will see further improvement this year.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Been following #9 for a time now. Think you were on the BBF forum.

A while back on of the sports car mag writers drives and racers got to drive a NASCAR car think it was still back when Tbird s were being used. He had always thought they were a joke compaired to the eletet sports cars with the straight arm driving etc. He walked a way wit ha lot of respect for the NASCAR stuff which out performed just a bout everything he had ever driven

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks for posting, very entertaining.

I'm curious; how much power? and what does it weigh?
Glad you like the videos. Both metrics you ask about exceed what I understand to be the case for Sprint Cup cars by similar amounts for their respective units, a little more in the case of weight, more yet for torque.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Great vids and awesome car! It reminds me of that '64 Fairlane giving the German boys the smackdown at Nordschleife.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts