Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to change the ignition switch by just dropping the column and not disconnecting from the steering box?

·
Registered
674 Posts
It can be changed without removing column might be a shroud that has to be removed. My 70 is a bit disassembled.
Hard part last I knew was finding a switch. Out of 5 or 6 restoration parst places found one finaly for 120.00 or so. 1970 switches are unique as it was the first year in the column. 1971 the switch changed.
Now if your refering to the ignition lock its easy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can be changed without removing column might be a shroud that has to be removed. My 70 is a bit disassembled.
Hard part last I knew was finding a switch. Out of 5 or 6 restoration parst places found one finaly for 120.00 or so. 1970 switches are unique as it was the first year in the column. 1971 the switch changed.
Now if your refering to the ignition lock its easy
Thanks for the info! Yes, the actual ignition switch. NPD has them for $91 but you have to splice it to the original connector. Doesn't actually need one. Just purchased the car and no one knows if anything is original, changed or if changed, when. Started to replace certain things for reliability purposes and the switch is one of them.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts