Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ON THE 70 AND OTHER YEARS THE SASH BELT ON THE 3 POINT SYSTEM IS HELD IN PLACE BY A PIN THAT HAS A NYLON COLLAR THAT PULLS INTO THE BUCKLE. I FOUND THEM AVAILABLE THROUGH THE BEECHCRAFT AIRCRAFT DEALER. THE COLLAR IS USED ON THE KING AIR SEAT BELTS. ABOUT $1.20 EA. HEAT THE COLLAR WITH A HEAT GUN (OR HAIR DRYER) AND STRETCH IT OVER THE PIN AND LET IT COOL/CONTRACT. ENJOY! [email protected]

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Wasn't there a recall notice issued by F.M.C. regarding the attachment back about in 1972 or so?

The collar used to rot and fall off, and then rendering the upper portion subject to falling out. There was a free replacement available, but my neighbor used a common O-ring to hold in place. I only have one original still working as intended on my 1970 Cougar.

Wm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
didnt know about any recall. doubt if FMC still honors it. anyway the system is still in use and certificated for aircraft use, hence the availability of the part at Beechcraft dealership. Tried the o-ring thing a long time ago as well as electrical tapr. Nothing like the real thing! animaldave3

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
23 years of fighting that POS with o-rings and other methods! Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts