Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
swapping out stock 302 from my 1970 ranchero and putting in a PI 460 can I use a stock 460 oil and fuel pump or do in need to look for a certain type for the Police Interceptor, I ask because I thought the difference between a stock and the PI were the heads. Thanks

·
Registered
368 Posts
I believe you can use the stock oil & fuel pump.

How do you "know" it's a 460PI? I've never heard of one. Sure it's not a 429?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could be wrong, but 73 and later some ford 460's where converted to the PI. my cats numbers tell me the block is a 73 460 and I definetely have the PI heads. but thanks for the info, got another ? my ranchero was lowered when I got it, am I going to need to reinforce the front end, heavy duty shocks springs when I put this beast in?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Any 460 component will fit that engine (oil pan, fuel pump). More important is what pan clears the Ranchero. PI 460s were heads, intake, carb, cam, distributor, and exhaust manifolds. Casting number on the heads?

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
My 73 Monterey PI460 had electric fuel pump in the tank along with a fuel pump block off plate on timing cover, have never took off cover to see if it had the complete eccentric or just the inner ring of the 2 piece eccentric. Also has oil cooler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts