Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchased my first 1970 torino gt convertible.. the car came with a top boot.. i put the top down and put the boot on but the boot has 2 snaps on each side over your either right or left shoulder part of the boot but i cant see where they snap to..the car has a new interior so im not sure if their supposed to be snaps on the side interior panel next to the seat and just were never put in or the boot snaps somewhere else.. please any help would be greatful
http://www.torinocobra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25229#wrap

·
Administrator
21,668 Posts
I don't know anything about a Torino but my '64 gal and other 63/64 gals at least, have 2 snaps on each side on the inside of the area that creates the hollow area where the top bars fold. If the interior is new maybe they didn't think it necessary to put the snaps back on there. Can you press or rub firmly in the area about 2 inches below the edge where you think they should be, feel where the holes are or if you have the little cardboard inserts that cover the area on the sides where top top folds into you can remove those and will probably see the holes from the inside as the back side of the panels shouldn't be covered.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts