Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a torino newbie.. i just sold my 65 mustang fastback and bought a fully restored 1970 torino gt convertible.. it is a 3 owner car with all the proper doc. and marti report.. it is a 351c 4v with shaker hood and center console as it states it was ordered that way in the marti report. my quesion is this..it doesnt have hide away headlights and the grill seems to be a 2 section grill ( left and right side) with a square gt emblem in the middle not a round one..ive done some searching on the internet and came across plenty of 70 gt's withwith this grill but was this an option on the car? could you order it with different grills?..is this the right grill for this car?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am a torino newbie.. i just sold my 65 mustang fastback and bought a fully restored 1970 torino gt convertible.. it is a 3 owner car with all the proper doc. and marti report.. it is a 351c 4v with shaker hood and center console as it states it was ordered that way in the marti report. my quesion is this..it doesnt have hide away headlights and the grill seems to be a 2 section grill ( left and right side) with a square gt emblem in the middle not a round one..ive done some searching on the internet and came across plenty of 70 gt's withwith this grill but was this an option on the car? could you order it with different grills?..is this the right grill for this car?

I don't know much about 70/71 Torinos but I did look up information in my Restoration guide for Torino's and that looks like a 1971 grill. I was waiting to see if a 1970/71 guru would answer but most likely if I am wrong they will let me know :)

According to the guide they made 3 different grills for 1970
part numbers
D0OZ8200 simple argent silver grill
D0OZ8518A with round Ford crest medallion
D0OZ8200C more refined cross hatched pattern veed outward from a vertical center with in your case a round GT emblem

hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.