Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a set of wheels i like but the smallest size they come in is 8" wide. So does anyone know if an 8" wheel will fit up front and any tire recommendation for it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I hope so lol, I just bought a set of 17x8's. I put the rim on my 70 and its spins and turns with no contact on any parts. Gonna mount some 245/45's on them tomorrow and retest the fit tomorrow night.

·
Registered
232 Posts
245/45-17s, thinking I am gonna try 255/50-17s. The 245's are close to stock height overall of the GT cars but slightly wider. The 245/45's clear no problem frt and rear from lock to lock of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awsome. Thanks for the pics. Do you know what backspace you have on those rims for front and back. And what tire & rim size is that on the back? Also is that the stock ride hieght for the front end, my car looks like it rides the same hieght and i assumed it was riding higher than it should be (was considering lowering the front)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am fairly new to the Torinos, but I felt mine was sagging in the rear.

The rims are the same front and rear.. here is the rim info, only difference is mine is black center where the # below is for the grey center.
AR105M7865A
Description: AR105M TT M 17X8 5X4.5 ANT W/MCH LIP 0MM

The tires are the same as well front and rear at 245/45-17's. I am gonna get some 255/50-17's and see how those fit.

My garage is low in the center for the drain and the angle of the pic might not help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will post some pics of my 71' soon as a figure out how to post pics.. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts