Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 72 Mustang with a 351c 2v. I would like to do a moderate build. It hsa a Holly 750 and what sounds to be a mild cam. What type of headers would be suggested. I would also like to add an intake. It has the shaker hood, so what intake woulld be suggested? Would the intake selection affect header choice. Which should be done first. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just purchased a 72 Mustang with a 351c 2v. I would like to do a moderate build. It hsa a Holly 750 and what sounds to be a mild cam. What type of headers would be suggested. I would also like to add an intake. It has the shaker hood, so what intake woulld be suggested? Would the intake selection affect header choice. Which should be done first. Thanks in advance for any help.
I have a 70 Mach1 with a 351C 2V with a shaker hood, I coverted to a 4V with a Edelbrock Performer intake with no clearence issues with the shaker, the RPM is a bit taller which I thought would pose a problem. As far as headers I used FPA because they are built for your application so they were easy to install, they have the ball type collectors that use no gaskets to blow out, they are pricey tho, I had mine coated inside & out so with shipping they were $750 for the pair but after install / reduced heat / no issues in 3 years I'm happy. JMO good luck with your project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts