Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

Ive been working on a pair of torinos a 71 gt for the street and a 72 gran torino sport as a full drag car not in any way street legal. It has all the interior stripped out and it lightened up pretty well. Its got a pretty extreme built 351 windsor. .30 over, aluminum intake, forged flat top pistons, long tube headers and an extemely almost to aggresive cam. now if the same kinda parts were in a big block id be happy the way it is but with the small block i dont figure its making tremedous amouts of power. Ive about decided to run nitrous but ive never been around it. Could you guys give me some advice. i want to know the best set up for my money. And i need to know more about how the set up works and how to run it correctly at the track.

thanks a million
logan

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've never used it myself but several of my friends use and recommend Nitrous Express products. One guy had never used nitrous before and bought their "Hitman" system that is adjustable between 100-150-and 200HP. Followed the instructions and it worked great, he never had any problems. - Just my .02 cents worth....

·
Registered
163 Posts
S A Design publishes a book called " The complete do-it-yourself guide to nitrous oxide injection", written by David Vizard. ISBN # 0-931472-16-4. If you are going to start "using" you either need a local expert, or a really good book or you are going to blow things up. I've sprayed anywhere from 125 to 300 horse into different engines, with no problems; but you MUST understand what needs to be done with timing, fuel pressure, safety switches, rev limiters, ect.
Any given manufacturer will provide good instructions in a kit that will tell you what to do, a good book will tell you why!!
Your buddies will be amazed when you start explaining what happens to the chemical bonds of nitrous-oxide above 565 degrees Farenheit, hehehe.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks im gonna need someplace to tell me how cause i definatly dont wanna blow stuff up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts