Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a '72 F350 Wrecker with a 460. Any ideas on this motor oir its potential?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TOO FUNNY!!! LOL Very tempting! Really though, need some potential as far as crank and heads. It should be a steel crank correct? How about heads, haven't gotten casting numbers yet. Going today to see.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't think it is a steel crank, as far as I know the 460's never had a steel crank. But you can build the snot out of it!

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
probably a early 460, around 200 horsepower or so stock. I dont think it would have a steel crank, but it should have the better rods and rod bolts. I would think that it's nearly the same as any other 460 in a 1 ton or 3/4 ton truck...but could be wrong. As far as potential goes, get it for the block, go with the 557 stroker "kit" and clean some streets!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knew I could count on you guys. Made the trip to see it anyway. The heads are, get this, D3VE-AA. This is not original at all. They want a ton for it too. No way! I am still lookin'.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
funny thing about this...
we went to a salvage yard the other day, and they had a seventy-something police car there. Just for kicks, I raised the hood and saw a 429 or 460 short block there, but missing the heads. I figured they were interceptor heads cause they were missing, and it had flat-top pistons. I talked to the owner, he said he sold the heads to a fellow about an hour and a half earlier....Wish I was there earlier!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts