Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got some questions, im throwning a 302 efi from an 86 mustang in my maverick what am i going to need wiring wise?

·
Registered
10,301 Posts
Welcome to the Forums, Bobb. :tup: I had a minimum power-up wiring diagram here somewhere, but can't locate it at the moment. In the meantime, there is lots of useful info around you can use like here, an EEC wiring pin-out chart you can download here, and sites like this one. Not all the links inside that last one work, as it was info saved when the original site was lost. Bummer. What a great site that was.

Do you have a factory wiring harness already, or are you having to make/buy/adapt one?

David

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, ill have to go get it out, this is my first go messing with anything that has so much electric work involved

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My parts car was apparently stolen, any idea where i can find this with out draining the bank, any info on weyher the drive line and rear end from an 60's mustang will work

·
Registered
135 Posts
One option is to build a "dumb" motor with a DUI distributor, no brain, and a carburetor instead of a complicated harness swap, ecm, and EFI.
A DUI distributor requires no ignition box or controller, just one 12V+ wire from the ignition switch and 1 vacuum hose from the carb.
You can install it in any 260/289/302/351 Windsor older than 2002. 351's don't fit in Mavericks easily because of the tall heads and the shock towers.
With this setup wild variations in horsepower can be achieved with different heads, different carbs, different intakes, and different cams/lifters/rockers.

Minimum HP for this setup probably around 200-220 at the flywheel with a 260 and iron heads and mild cam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts