Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
75-80 Dragway may reopen this spring

It has been a rumor for a long time, but the oldest track in Maryland that shut down in 2005, is going to re-open as an 1/8th mile track. The ground would not perk and is so contaminated along with county building restrictions that it is only good for one thing. So many people have wanted it to open back up and it looks like it is finally going to happen!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well they are re-paving it as an 1/8 mile for the really fast cars, but for the slower cars, they might allow 1/4 mile action. You just have to make sure that if you do run out of strip that you don't mind ending up in a cornfield!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Jerry Battaglia of Baltimore said that he had not eaten "a decent chili dog since the last one I had at 75-80." He said without the sights, sounds and smells of the dragway, chili dogs were not as tasty. "They just don't taste the same without the smell of CAM2 [oil additive] and burnt rubber in the air!"
LOL :D

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
great to hear of a track opening ANYWHERE. with any luck they can lure some kids off the street to do some 'real' racing in a controlled environment, rather than like last fall a neighbor kid got killed on a 3 hour old drivers licence 'racing' his buddy on the streets...and tracks give a lot of folks the chance to have some fun too...Dragway42 is not far from here, and the my kids just love going for test/tune(14.0 and slower kids can ride along there) some of the most fun evenings we've had the past couple summers...

my wife couldnt drive this past summer after her heart attack/surgery, but let my mom take her mustang out, and I had mine- kids in each car- I gave her a roughly 2 second headstart(wifes is a V6) and she beat me by 70 thousandths of a second- kids screaming all the way! the wife was a good sport- she watched from the stands with the baby who seemed to like the noise even with earplugs...

·
Registered
730 Posts
WooHoo, I go to Gaithersburg several times a year. I'll have to check the schedule when I go up. I spent most Friday nights during my teenage years at 'Old Dominion Dragstrip" in Manassas.

Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts