Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 75 F250 with a 460, and was thinking of converting it to efi. The computer I would probably use is MegaSquirt. I need a intake for it since the late model efi intakes wont work. I thought about welding injector bungs. Has any one done any thing like this?

Thanks
Derek

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I need a intake for it since the late model efi intakes wont work.
The OEM intake will work. There is an adaptor available to mount a 4 hole (down draft) or single side mount (side draft) throttle body. You could then retain the OEM FI and EEC-IV. You would have to use the FI heads of course.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats just the thing I would rather not change the heads, because that means finding a set of heads. Which will raise the overall cost. Correct me if I am wrong the ports of the efi intake are different than the carbed version. I might be able to weld to the port and reshape it to match the older ports.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong the ports of the efi intake are different than the carbed version. I might be able to weld to the port and reshape it to match the older ports.
Yes, they are very different and (IMO) wouldn't be worth the effort to match regular heads. It was just a thought.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The efi heads are actually worth the using with the stock 2.19 valves they rival the the old DOVE-C head and allot better than any of the truck heads ever did through the 70's and 80's we have done multiple efi conversions and have actually made adapters to mount up aftermarket early style long tube headers. To answer the question of porting to match. You cant port the exhaust side there is far from enough material on the head side. On the intake side there is also no way. We recently did the ecu and wiring harness to help a local gent who was having a edlebrock manifold drilled and tigged to mount the fuel rail. Ironically the heads and intake are marginal if any better than using the stock set-up we use. If anyone wants to build a efi setup i am happy to answer any questions, or if you want a full setup let me know I can definitely do another set-up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts