Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey is there any way i can straighten out my door panels they are a little bit warped i am going to repaint them anyway but first i need to streigthen them then re upholster some part of it. there in fair condition its just i need to put some adhesive on the torn areas fill in the places with missing fabric then paint over it.. i think the back is made of wood.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's a fiber board of some kind, the wood part. Is that what is warped? I have no idea if you can flatten those... If I had to imagine how you could flatten warped wood it would involve wetting it, possibly soaking it until its saturated and holding it down flat with something heavy while it slowly dried out, not quickly as in using a heater to increase temps and shorten drying time,but slowly, as in room temp until its dry as a popcorn fart. Soaking fiberboard is usually a bad idea though. You may be better off to just run to home depot and get a couple 4x4 sheets of thin fiberboard or something easy to work with, then use your old panels as a model for cutting out new panels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts