Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ranchero window is leaking decently enough to the point where i know its leaking and why its leaking what should i do? will the window have to be resealed cause its a minor drip but its my rear window so... yeah..

·
Registered
241 Posts
My ranchero window is leaking decently enough to the point where i know its leaking and why its leaking what should i do? will the window have to be resealed cause its a minor drip but its my rear window so... yeah..
According to my glass guy those are a real bitch to seal up, so much so that he cannot even guarantee his work on that particular window. Get some urethane and pack the leak full of it once its clean and dry that is. That's your best bet to seal it on the cheap.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to my glass guy those are a real bitch to seal up, so much so that he cannot even guarantee his work on that particular window. Get some urethane and pack the leak full of it once its clean and dry that is. That's your best bet to seal it on the cheap.
problem has already been solved took a couple of days but what i dead is brought type 7 clear silicone for my rear window it leaks because how the seal is made when it rains it will rain right on the seal between the window and the glas its self thus making a"v" shape between the window the trim and the seal making the water sit and rot the seals i ran some type 7 on the bottem then took a piece of card board and leveled it flat i have no leaking problems no more from the window but i still have to set the seat up and what not and double check and make sure there is no more leaks i might as well put in some bed liner to while i am at it canned bed liner to be exact.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts