Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have to get my Bronco ready for the winter and need exhaust, thought I would just buy the Y pipe but can't find one. I can find them for a 78 F150 with 4 wheel drive and same engine. Do you think this would be due to shorter wheelbase? Just would like to bolt something on, don't mind a little cutting but don't want to take it to the muffler shops around here. Think I should just go for the F150 pipe? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I think the frame was only shorter between the 4 x 4 F150 and the Bronco in 78 so I would guess that the y-pipe might work, maybe, hopefully. Ford wasn't so much into making everything totally different just to sell more parts back then.

Most people convert to dual exhaust on vehicles that old which may be why its hard to find a factory type y-pipe for it. I cut my original y-pipe, rotated the driver side, patched the passenger side hole and made duals out of it.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has the duals on it now, old and rusty banging on everything in the back. It was that way when I bought it years ago. The pipes exit straight out the back so of course the fumes seep in. The engine does have a nice sound to it but I'm going to have to drive it this winter when it's bad, just looking for bolt on and safe. Think I"ll try the F150 4X4 Y, thanks for the advice though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts