Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i bought this mustang, i am looking for a little info if someone can help. never seen one with the vents in the front fenders,has the ground effects inside the car but it dont have any of the king cobra markings. factory V8 4 speed car. here is the vin if someone can help with it.

8f03f204342

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Looks like they tried to replicate a 70 Shelby of sort and went nuts with the hood :eek: I doubt its factory, but I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
34,854 Posts
Model Year of the car is: 1978
Assembled at : Dearborn, Michigan Plant
Body Style (from VIN) is : 3 Door Hatchback
Factory installed engine: 302 c.i., 5.0 l, 2V, 8 cyl
Consecutive Unit Number :204342

That's all I can tell you... Need the Door Sticker Info to go frther.

It kind of looks gross as it sits with all those retarded scoops on it though... :( Sorry...

Here's a real 78 King...

·
Registered
33 Posts
A lot of work went into that hood/fender treatment!

I think its pretty cool looking...unique as well!

·
Registered
86 Posts
There should be a small metal tag screwed to the radiator support. Depending on where is was made it will be on the top to the right of the hood latch, or on the lower portion. If you have a KC or KNG code stamped on it, it would be a King Cobra.

Tim

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, i will look for the tag tomorrow. I did not see one on the door, but i will have more time to look tomorrow. the car has all the ground effetcs inside it. this car has a 5 lug setup all the way around, did any of these cars come as a 5 lug ? the car has hangers under the door, i think someone had side pipes on it, i will post a few more pics let me know if i am wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
204342 = Last digits of VIN # basic production # starting at 100001
F= Dearborn, MI assembly plant
69F = 3 Dr. 4-Pass. Hatchback (2+2)
0 = not sure
995 = consecutive unit number of the car going through the body shop on that day

2R = Paint code (Bright Red)
A = Black interior

ST = Stereo/tape
TRF = T-roof
DRM = Dual Remote Mirrors (side view)
HB = Heated Backglass (rear defog)
V8 = V8 302
KC = King Cobra
RDS is actually FDS = Fold down rear seat

Looks like you have a King Cobra if all the Numbers match up on everything. The 5 bolt fornt and back is not factory someone must have converted it over. All mustangs from 74 -78 were 4 bolt wheels.

Good job, Great find.

Tim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts