Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the chance to buy a 79 lincoln versailles from my dad for parts for my 63. It's a ways away from me and I'm just too busy to get out there to look at it closely so I'm hoping someone can help with a couple of questions. This car has the big disc rearend so I'm wondering if the front has disc and master that I can use. Does anybody know what c-4 it should have?Will this 9" rearend fit in my 63 sc? Do I need to move the spring perches? Any help will be greatly apreciated as the car is an hour away in my dad's muddy bullpen and the damn thing is so low I can't see anything under it! Thanks again,

Justin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sooo my dad thinks it's worth $700.00 because of the rear disc. He also thinks it's got a c-6 not a c-4.I'd rather it be a c-4 as I don't think a 6 will fit in my car. Am I wrong?Does anybody know if theres anything else that can be used? Sway bars, Master cyl., etc. The car reportedly ran, but the speed freak we picked it up from said the motor and tranny were "gettin tired". Would that be a decent price?He's just being a **** cause we picked the car up for the price of our tow truck getting it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jagscars on 4/13/06 11:46pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Ther's a Versaille Rearend listed in the parts now for $750. You will need the Master Cyl. Or buy a rebuilt one. There pretty cheap if it's Manual. You will need the proportioning valve also. Not sure if it had a C6 or not. You will need the front Spindles also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.