Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Besides being an orphan, "bastard" car, something has got to be wrong. The owner didn't even give the standard lie of money troubles, buying a house, kids sick - just wants to sell it.

It might be a great car, if you can get over the mix matched powertrain body. Personally, I get real suspcious of deals like this.

Giving him the benefit of doubt...might be worth taking a long, detailed, up close look-see; if you were either local or attracted enough to make the trip before making an offer.

The fact that the body is under a "salvage title" tends to make me wonder if it was trashed re-po, stolen car recovery or insurance - totalled car. You can get some good deals from salvaged cars, if you know what you want and can deal with the hesitant re-sale market. As a foundation for a race car it could be a deal.

But that power train swap .... I just can't, personally, get over that...not that 340 - 360' aren't good motors. Quoting Seinfeld "Not that there is anything wrong with that!"

If the parts are good...could you build it for that kind of money?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeh there are a few around I call them "Frauds" so its now called a Fraud Mustang.
Even on Tv 'American Hot Rod' when was the last time you saw them put a Ford in Ford?I have got nothing against Mopars or GM's but imagine the outcry if you put a Ford in one of there own,So has anyone got any pics or storys with a Henry in a Mopar /chev etc?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I will never understand why someone would put a cheap air cleaner too small to feed a 2.0 4-banger on an engine that they obviously spent thousands of dollars trying to make big power. For 20 bucks they could afford an air cleaner that would undoubtedly free up 30hp!

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Why?....
:) In Ohio, a blue title (salvage) generally means that the car was totaled by an insurance company though it can be as simple as a popped airbag. Theft recoveries, etc, get a normal title before they're put up for sale. So not only are you getting a Slo-Par motor (I'd rather see a Chevy under the hood) in a Mustang, you're likely getting a totalled car sold through a salvage pool.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I'll take the Mopar under the hood ...

Chevy is just TOOOOOO Common, usual and casually expected.

Saw a Cobra AC Kit Car in Bishop last weekend with a BB Chevy under the hood ... Somthing about that was just plain "disconcerting" ...

A nice 440 Magnum or a 426 HEMI might have been enlightening ... assuming the guy didn't have a Stroked FE available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts