Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to pull the axles out of an 8.8 and cant seem to get the S clip out. Is there a trick to it or? What do I need to do? I have had a few GM rears open and apart but have not had to deal with the S clip before.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
I need to pull the axles out of an 8.8 and cant seem to get the S clip out. Is there a trick to it or? What do I need to do? I have had a few GM rears open and apart but have not had to deal with the S clip before.
same a GM , then pry out the spring

·
Registered
94 Posts
If your just pulling the axles out, you dont have to take the s-spring out. All you have to do to remove the axles, is once the diff. cover is off, the 5/16" bolt that holds the pin that slides through the center of the hog is out, and the calipers are off (or drum) is bump the axles towards the center of the housing, reach in with a screw driver and push/pull the c-clips out. Then the axles can be removed.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
just to remove the axles , like said from others , pin and C clips . posi clutchs ... spring out.

got a seal leak or bearing problem ? if bearing there is a bearing that relocates for axle surface wear

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. I actually figured it out right after I posted. It is the same as a GM but its been several years since I have had one open. I needed to pull the axels to put in Longer wheel studs for my wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts