Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you know when you break the holding tabs off #8 thrust washer in a C4/C5??Do you have to pull the pan every run and look for the parts,does it make noies or what

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Gold metal flake in the fluid and may a noise but I don't remember. I broke the tangs off freequently and I knew right away when I did it and varified it by checking the fluid and it would be metallic but I don't remember the signs it gave me when it happened because that was 4-5 years ago when I had that problem. My memory ain't what it use to be. What were we talking about again? Ah, I forgot

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it the HP or the hard shifts that brake them? I'm runnin around 435hp 460 with a C5 and 6 clutchs in each pack and a B&M trans pack.should i rollerize #8

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are the bearings a direct replacement or is there any machining??Looks like there is. Any one have any part numbers for the bearings and where to get them?

·
Premium Member
4,414 Posts
You have mail.Look back in the c4 build levels post .They are available at bulkparts or maybe some of the other guys have got them over there..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts