Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I just purchased an 83 f100 shorted w a c4 behind a v6 and the tyranny needs rebuild eventually I'm going to swap a 302/351 out of a 4x4 I have. Will the c4 bolt up.or will I need a new tyranny at that point again?

· Registered
10,541 Posts
We would need more info, as you could have a V6, or I6, or V8 that year, but the auto transmissions were only the AOD or C6 that year by my reference. Either you misidentified, or it has been swapped and correct ID made. Trans tag and other info is helpful. Fortunately, the transmission pan and gasket shapes are easy to identify, so crawl under there to check what you have for sure.

White Rectangle Font Line Material property

· Registered
54 Posts
We would need more info, as you could have a V6, or I6, or V8 that year, but the auto transmissions were only the AOD or C6 that year by my reference. Either you misidentified, or it has been swapped and correct ID made. Trans tag and other info is helpful. Fortunately, the transmission pan and gasket shapes are easy to identify, so crawl under there to check what you have for sure.

View attachment 174511
I did a quick check on the Rock Auto site for the V6 (assuming that's correct) and the flexplate shows application to AOD and C5. But the pan gasket lists AOD, C5, and C6 as being available. (I know they're not 100% correct, but they do pretty good.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts