Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well we just bought a 84 capri RS 5.0 HO today. we got it fairly cheap anyway we own it now.questions about the capri vrs. mustang.I know the stang and capri bodys are differant but what about the interior part arm rest the power window switchs moldings,head linner dash pad and so on.
It needs a exhust system replaced. Has anyone used the Mac complet set up from headers to tail pipes 2 1/2 dia. and there cats. Does a T-5 trans have a 2nd gear that sometimes is a little noisey when shifting,
are good T-5 hard to come by and what do they cost used. the body is in good shape all the ground valances are in good shape
where is a good place to buy parts for it

·
Registered
278 Posts
I don't know about your other questions even though I did own an '80 Capri when new, I seem to remember a few differences in the interior vs. the Mustang.

However, in Houston we can buy locally rebuilt T-5s for $650 -- $750 outright from several vendors.

I don't have to much experience with the T-5 yet, however, the 1-2 shift in mine is a little stiff under moderate throttle. My local Mustang speciality shop drove my car and stated it shifted like a normal T-5, though. I really like my '88 GT.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone have a Mercury Capri 5.0 out there with a RS package.Just wondering because of low response. or our Capri xxxxxxxxxx to mustangs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the fenders and quarters as well as the nose etc are different. But basically they are the same car. There are many pieces that interchange. Interior as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts