Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep. We yar be gonna do it and a T5 behind it. Its for my son. The stock rear is ok to 300 horse power and after that some of the yota off roaders weld the spider gears. We would probably switch to an 8.8 rear if we ever make that much power. Initially it will be just a 5.0 HO.

I'm not sure how we are going to deal with the extra weight in the front end. It has a torsion bar front suspension. Maybe a stronger torsion is available.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Years ago my good friend put a 350 Chevy into his 77 Toyota truck. I think he had springs so no help there but I'd guess cranking the bars would do it. At the time I had a Datsun truck with torsion bars and I could raise or lower the truck by just turning those bolts that adjust them.

His truck was making about 350 HP with the stock rear end with 4.10's (stock ratio) and never had a problem with it. It actually hooked up really good too which surprised him and everybody else. Since it was so light it just left!

Have fun with that project!

John

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found out that sway away makes heavy duty torsion bars so that won't be a problem. 5.0 will require a remote oil filter kit. Slickfit makes headers for it and Northwest 4 x 4 makes engine swap motor mounts. The 302 and T5 fit with no firewall or tunnel massaging.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the plan has changed. It is now going to be a 351 Cleveland, AFD heads, 9 inch with 4.56 gears, built C4/4500 stall looking to be a 10 second all drags truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts