Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everyone,

I'm looking for help/suggestion on this project I'm just starting. I own a '63 Ranchero with 260 and T-10 that is already out of the car and ready for the '85 5.0 and T-5 which is also out of the '85 GT mustang I purchased for this conversion.
I'm wanting to do the S-10 chevy shifter forward on the transmission and wanting to confirm that it's as easy as switching the parts without machine work, I know about modern driveline but would rather do it myself. If anyone can help with this or anything else I may run into please let me know.
I know about having to switch the pan and dip stick and have discovered that the motor mounts from my 260 work perfect. I'm thinking I'll just use the stock headers that came on the '85 but will have to wait and see if they fit but looks like they will.

Thanks Fred

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello,

This is a addition to my post above about the T-5 install. After reading many of the past postings I've found some of my questions and opinions but do have more questions. If I use the stock T-5 and deal with the crossmember problems will the shifter clear/fit with the bench seat in my car or am I required to go with the S-10 set up.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts