Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rare pic of a scrapped research and development program with a SOCH for drag racing.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Ooooh! That looks like 6 headers pipes! A V12? Gotta have one!

JL

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

Kent, where did you get that picture? Is there an artical?

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
640 inches of tri-quads promised to be the dominate force in any catagory it was to be in but weight related issues gave poor weight distribution and ill handling effects along with major traction problems. Therefore it was consequently scrapped and where abouts of it today are unknown. Possible taken by the head of that research and development program when the funding plug was pulled. Reports of 1050HP at under 7000RPM with same tri-quad setup on gasoline with plans to produce a 1 off tri-quad tunnel ram and a set of larger cams to boost RPMs to over 8000RPM but those pieces never materialized.

That's all the info I know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 89 coupe on 1/12/02 12:00pm ]</font>

·
Programmer
856 Posts
I went to the LA Auto Show the other day... I saw a 1901 race car with a 500 or so cubic inch engine, and I was like wow!!! But then I read the fine print, and at 900rpms (readline) the thing made about 23hp.

CHris

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Look where the plugs go in. I also noticed the two motor mounts on one side. I bet that much rotating mass produced a ****-load of torque. a V-12 FE. It must have weighed 1000#. Christ, you'd need a car the size of a Lincoln just to fit the sucker. Regardless, all I have to say is BAD ASS!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The miracle of cutting and pasting!!

Gregg
-----------------------------------------------
Are you ever really finished working on them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts