Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or what ever you'd like to call it...i am looking for an old noisy old style STRONG sure/posi trac, what would you all suggest?
i really want to be able to hear it if possible, if used i need something that is cheap and easy to rebuild!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well, your going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new unit. I bought the powertrax no slip, and works great, and is strong. 8 inch parts are hard to find used, so save a few paychecks and you get what you want.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a friend of a friend of a friend kind of resourse on posi's. He does it as a hobbie and is always looking for morebusiness. I have an 8" in my Maverick. He setup a third member with the gears i wanted and posi for 400. It's worked great and as from the look of his stuff, he does very thorough work. I did have to give him my third member as a core, but he just wanted any third member. He's located in Valley Springs,CA but he met me in Sockton,CA which was half way between us. He stands by his work and is very proud of it. If you are interested his phone number is 209-351-0414. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i would like to thanks thomastron , for posting my info and for the praise.
i am a full working shop now, and have improved products. should any of you hotrodders or musclecar folks have any ??'s
please feel free to give me a call or email. usually have current auctions for 3rd members on ebay. they are still around $400.00. should you need complete rearends , well have them too. we can customize your rear. thanks again thomastron. HAPPY (POSI)TRAILS!! MIKE - MRHOTROD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts