Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1968 Ford truck shop manual lists two 9 3/8 rears - 3.25 ratio and 3.50 ratio. Has anyone heard of numerically lower 9 3/8 highway gear ratios, and if possible, could you give me the ring / pinion tooth count for those highway gears ?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Gary,

Sorry I didn't answer you on the MEL Forum.

Passenger car availability was;

2.80 42 15
3.00 39 13
3.25 39 12
3.50 35 10

For the light truck application, I am going to need the Tag I.D. No. to get into the correct PL. If the tag is gone, give me the code off the VIN plate under AXLE.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We meet again, KULTULZ, thank you very much. I was wondering the tooth count to see if 9 3/8 car ring / pinion would fit F-100 removable carrier. 3.00 ring / pinion should fit as it has no extra teeth. Whereas 2.80 might not fit as it has more teeth. Note ring gear dia is nominal as evidenced by note in a Ford book : Numerically higher ratios may require notch in housing to clear ring gear. Note was for 9 inch rear.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No thank you, dacofa, Im living at a temporary address right now with very limited storage available. If you want to sell it you might want to try the MEL engine forum if its out of a car, or Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum if its out of a truck. I dont know offhand if FTE has a classified section. MEL engine forum regularly carries parts for sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts