Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help figuring how much to mill off my Ford Motorsports M-9424-W351 intake. It is for the 9.5 deck height, I want to machine it to fit my 9.2" Cleveland block. It has a separate valley cover, so no problems there.Thanks for yur help.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
need some help figuring how much to mill off my Ford Motorsports M-9424-W351 intake. It is for the 9.5 deck height, I want to machine it to fit my 9.2" Cleveland block. It has a separate valley cover, so no problems there.Thanks for yur help.
what heads do you have ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a pair of 351c 4v heads with the aluminum exhaust port risers.I know, I will have to do major porting on the manifold to make it work, not a problem. I figured it out, I will have to mill .30" off each intake flange.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
I have a pair of 351c 4v heads with the aluminum exhaust port risers.I know, I will have to do major porting on the manifold to make it work, not a problem. I figured it out, I will have to mill .30" off each intake flange.
the .300" would be close if the heads was correct for the intake.

There is two W suffix intakes , then the basic number there is also two numbers . confused ?

the W svo/motorsport intakes are fot the SVO or Yates heads not the 4V iron.

the cut will be in the 5/8"-3/4" range or more. still may be a bad fit
to bad it was'nt that simple , use of the race intakes on the 4V iron

most likely you have the intake for Yates heads

BTW , go look at your want ad for a T/R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts