Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an exploded parts view or any spare parts, clutches or steels for these dinosaurs? Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a graphic of a tracl-loc. Is that the same thing?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Equa Loc is the early clutch style posi Ford used before it introduced the Trac Loc. They are very similar but they don't interchange parts. Externally they look very similar as they both use a cast clutch cover. The EL uses 5 tab steels, 3 friction disks and a belleville spring to preload the clutches/steels. The TL uses 4 tab steels, 4 friction disks and four small coil springs to preload the clutches/steels. The hubs that the frictions ride on don't interchange either. I have a good photo of the EL which I will try and get hosted somewhere.
Randy's Ring and Pinion sells the clutches for the EL. They also show up on EBay periodically.

imageshack.us]
[/URL]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R Code on 7/1/06 3:55am ]</font>

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Rcode. I tried Randys last year and they said they just sold the lsat one and won't have any more but I will call next week to check.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Sorry to hear that, they list them on their website. Do check eBay frequently, as they do show up there. I checked last week and there was a set up. None currently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts