Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have picked up a Equal lok posi that I need some hgelp with. It is from A 69 Cobra. I have tron the unit apart and I see slight differances in the design. 1st: The unit does not have the springs and metal retangular clip that goes over the block that carries the spider gear shafts. Is this missing or was it not the same as the traction lok? 2nd: There is a large round washer that is thicker than a oil washer and is angeled so when the unit halves are torqued that it appears to do 2 things.Take up space due to there only being 4 clutches rather than 5 like the Traction Lok and would cause a pre-load on the clutches due to less space. Is this a corrrect assumption? If so which way does this ring set in the housing. Is it convex up or down? Lastly, Besides the items I have mentioned what other differances are there that I could not know about due to things missing and where can I find a schemtic drawing of this unit. Im sure would apprciatte the old timers help on this one. I would like tpo use it. Clutches are good and it seems to need little. I have a 65 fastback that is getting a 9 inch Lincoln disc brake swap. I want to rebuild and use 3:55 geras on the 5 speed c onversion. Any infpo would help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts