Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having problem re-assembling the carrier halves after replacing the clutch/disks. Is it possible they expanded too much after soaking? Meant to do it overnight only, but ended up soaking for about 24hours. I made carefull attention to re-assemble properly so I know that's not the problem. I measured the combined clucth/disks I took out against the new ones and there is a difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Does anyone have an exploded view of the carrier for a ford 9"?
Thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will measure tonight. I know the disks are the same, but the clutchs are a little wider. Overall I think about 1/4" or so. I will caliper them to determine the exact difference. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
398 Posts
the carrier halves are not gonna fit together very easy. You an use a press to carefully compress together so you can install the flat head screws. Bassicly the clutch pack is preloaded by the four springs in the center block.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I slip some bolts through in about 3 or 4 places and then using a nut slowly cinch down the bolts until the two halves come together. At that point you can add the screws with loctite to hold it all together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.